Indigestion is your body telling you you’ve eaten too much or too fast, or both. We all do it, but too often we reach for an off-the-shelf pharmaceutical remedy when there are some natural treatments that are often every bit as effective and usually cheaper:-
Home Remedies for Acidity
- A spoonful of honey is often effective with pretty well any kind of stomach upset.
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice or cider vinegar in a cup of hot water and have it before your meal.
- Take one teaspoon of fresh grape wine 30 minutes before eating.
- You can also have small amount of fresh pineapples after meals
- Drink 1/3 of the milk from an average size coconut before breakfast.
- Drinking herbal tea like mint, raspberry, chamomile and blackberry can help you with your indigestion problems.
Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
- Mix 30 gm of pomegranate seeds with salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Make a fine powder of two grams of oregano seeds, two grams of cumin seeds and two grams of rock salt. Squeeze a lemon it and have this mixture with lukewarm water to ease your stomach pains.
- Eat two ripe bananas with yoghurt daily for a week and avoid spicy food during the time.
- Add two-three drops of garlic oil to half-a-cup of soya oil and rub this solution on your stomach after meals.
- Mix two pinches of rock salt and a half teaspoon carom seeds. Chew it and wash it down with water to alleviate your stomach problems.
- Mix 5-6 basil leaves, one fourth teaspoon sea salt and black pepper in three tablespoons of curd. Have this mixture at least four times a day.
Home Remedies for Heartburn
- Sucking on a clove may relieve acidic influx.
- Having a cup of vanilla ice cream or drinking a glass of cold milk can do the trick.
- Almonds help in relieving heartburn and should be eaten every day.
- Eating lemon strips mixed in salt before meals helps in preventing heartburn.
- You can also eat lemon rind to prevent heartburn indigestion.
- Chewing basil leaves every morning also helps.
- Eating watermelon and banana will help you cool down.
- Gulp down a cup of water mixed with a pinch of baking soda to ease your heartburn problems.
- Put 10-15 raisins in your mouth for some time without chewing them. The saliva swallowed will help ease the burning sensation.
- Chew some gum.
- Consume a tablespoon of cider vinegar to help you with your heartburn.
- Peppermint tea is very good for heartburn.
- Grated raw potato also helps.
- Pineapple and Papaya juice are also good.
Note: Obviously avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to them, and take medical advice if your symptoms continue or get worse.